If you have a film-related project and are looking for a platform to showcase your work, we'd like to hear from you.
We are inviting curators, screen artists and other creatives to present their independently mounted screen, digital and moving image-based programs at the 2021 St Kilda Film Festival.
Your work will be featured as part of the festival's program, which also include Australia's Top Short Film Competition, an international program, an extensive professional development program, a special games and technology focus, and other special events.
Successful projects will be provided as independently funded and completed works (there is no funding available to support new, undeveloped projects, or works in progress).
We’re looking for projects of all types:
- moving-image based installations,
- music with film and other live events,
- live talks or forums,
- VR, AR and games pop-ups,
- all manner of hybrid activity as long there is moving image integration(s).
We’re interested to explore ideas that deal with (but not are not limited to) diversity, sustainability, social justice, challenging perspectives, progressing form and craft, invigorating spaces and that contribute to positive and critical community involvement, discussion and interaction.
Successful projects will receive from St Kilda Film Festival:
- Mentorship from the Film Festival Director
- Assistance arranging venues (within the City of Port Phillip) to showcase your work, including any free or discounted opportunities available to the Festival.
- Assistance arranging permits or partnerships if your work will take place in community facilities or shared spaces (e.g. a shopfront display, library, church, projected onto wall, park, etc)
- Assistance with ticketing
- Promotion to our audiences through our festival marketing campaign, with inclusion on our website, social media channels, publicity campaign, eDMs, and other outputs.
- Any revenue generated through ticketing of the independent program will go directly to the creator.
Projects will be assessed by St Kilda Film Festival Director, Richard Sowada, and the City of Port Phillip Festivals and Arts teams.
Submissions close 23 March 2021. Successful projects will receive notification by 30 March 2021.